Monday, October 08, 2007

Cobb Estate, October 7, 2007

Here's another marker sketch I did from the same trail head yesterday, this time on toned paper. Again, I added the whites with gouache. My friend, Tim, and I found this nice peaceful spot for sketching and had just commented on how nice it was to get above the noisy city below when half a dozen riotous youth showed up with a boombox and the desire to party. In all fairness, they did offer us beers-- which we politely declined-- but it was still kinda lame that they chose the same shade that we did, when there were so many other spots. Tim pointed out in their defense, though, that we clearly chose their tree to set up our easels...

3 comments:

OWEN FREEMAN said...

Coupled with the really nice, sepia toned woodland study, this is the most adorably anachronistic blog post I've ever read. In my brain your voice became that of the Pepperidge farm cookies guy and the plea became one against the looming industrialization/scallywagization of America as we enter the twentieth century...

Tim Coleman said...

This is great Tim it was nice to see your marker-ing awesomeness in person. I also learned that blogs can be educational... I had to go look up anachronistic..

Tim Anderson said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. And for your understanding of my exasperation with those dern kids.